We are thrilled you are considering attending. Here are a few things you can expect:
- The registration covers our expenses only. We take up offerings at all of the major sessions and use these funds to supplement registration to cover the expenses and then to fund a special project at the camp. Our retreat has given over $150,300.00 to improvements at the Guadalupe Christian Camp.
- Each camper is asked to donate paper plates, paper towels or toilet paper as part of our mission. Our camp often provides enough through these donations for the other camps throughout the year.
- You are free from kitchen duty all weekend. Our kitchen crew will cook for you, but we do ask that you bring snacks, desserts, treats to share. These can be taken to the dining hall and put on tables in the corner.
- We have two dorms. The dorm on the left (closest to the tetherballs and outdoor basketball court) is the night owl dorm and lights are out at 12:00 pm (MDT). The dorm on the right (the door closest to the mobile home) is the early bird dorm and lights are out at 11:00 pm (MDT).
- Registration is handled in the dining hall. You will receive a program for the weekend with additional information. You will also have an opportunity to have a tour of the facility by one of our Advisory Team. Just let us know you are new and we'll show you around.
- We do have to clean the camp before we leave on Sunday. Cleaning duties are assigned on Saturday night by the Treasurer/Secretary. We all work together.
What to bring?
- Light Jacket (check the weather for Carlsbad, NM and prepare for about 10 degrees cooler)
- Towels, Toiletries, Bedding (twin size beds)
- Flash Light
- Casual Clothing
- Bug Repellent
- Offering, Snacks
- Service Project - Bring Paper Towels or Styrofoam Plates for the Camp
See the next page for a Sample Program